Wednesday 22 October 2014

Out with the mad and in with the glad.

Awhile ago I was drafting a blog post that started a bit like this... 'Here is a list of all the things I hate'.

Lately I've been consumed by this feeling of hatred, anger and frustration. I'm not sure if the feeling created the thoughts and the whole thing grew from there or if the thoughts came first but what I do know is that it doesn't matter.

What I know now (thanks to Eli) is that by focusing on the negative and by giving power to my inner bitch, I am just making myself unhappy and coping less and less with all the bullshit that crops up in my life (eg. exams, bitchy people who should grow up, bad drivers, flab etc).

So, in order to turn the tables on the well trodden route of negativity in my brain, here is a list of all the things that I am grateful for.

friends. You guys are the best.
family. I've recently uncovered a heap of information on my Dad's family that I never knew. I'm super grateful to come from a family of strong, educated women who quite literally, ain't need no man.
food. I'm really appreciating pears, banana smoothies, greek feta, silverbeet and whole free range chickens that only cost $6.99.
my body. Even though I don't love the way I look all the time, I do love my body for allowing me to climb mountains, ride my bike, lift things, eat things, excrete things and love other people.
my education. I don't even really know how to put this into words but I just feel so blessed to be able to read, write and think critically in a world that is too often dominated by weak politicians, hearsay and propaganda. Thanks brain.

That's enough positivity for one day.

Dee x.


No comments:

Post a Comment