Tuesday 29 April 2014

Drip, drip, drip.

The drip, drip, drip of rain has been my most constant support throughout a long, tiring and pretty average day at my desk. I had a productive morning, printed off a heap of articles but now they just sit in a pile, not being read, not being formed into a cohesive and concise essay on the determinants of rural nurses career longevity.

My current plan of attack (to finish the essay) is to walk away, go for a drive, buy some big boss lollies and come back to it with renewed vigor. If that doesn't work then I've just lost an hour and am no closer to submitting. Shit.

Loving.
the smell of pumpkin slow roasting in the oven.
the symphony of rain falling on the leaves, the ground, the roof, the street all at once.
the Moser Roth chocolate Alex bought me in Melbourne. Heaven.

Not loving.
the list of work due above my desk. It's giving me guilt eyes.
the way the rain makes people drive like they have lost the plot.
the need for 5pm coffee.

Until next time,

Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment