Tuesday 10 June 2014

Winter's Bone.

Winter's Bone. It's a great movie, you should watch it. It turned me into a total Jennifer Lawrence fan girl, but then who isn't one already? She is brilliant.
Also, on a less hillbilly, thrilling, banjo playing note; the Lego Movie is also great. You should watch that too.
P.S. Can you tell it's exam time?

Next week I am going to take myself on a bush walk. It's been a while since I carried a pack and slept out but I am super excited. I'm hoping for a super clear night so I can get some night sky photos and maybe sit and watch an aurora fold through the sky, if I'm lucky.
My plan is to just start short, with a quick overnighter up to Mt Field West, sleeping somewhere on the plateau if the weather allows and then going the long way home around the tarns to see if I can spot some of the Athrotaxis laxifolia that I know is hiding up there!

Winter has set in here. The days are barely reaching 9 degrees Celsius and I'm going to start wearing my leather gloves again (yay!). Soon I'm going to post something about my perfect day in Hobart but it starts just like these days have, cold and clear. They make me want my coffee more, which can never be a bad thing, can it?

Keep you posted on my adventures next week!


Dee x


A song to soothe you into these long, cold nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment